|International Organizations' Resources|
This subject should be regarded as a special topic under "public
international law" (as far as international organizations is concerned) - like
the issue of "the Law of the High Seas" or "International Environment Law" or
endless other topics.
Thus, one has (only) to use the legal research method-skills learned from the basic chapters of the book.
Beyond this, its only to find the sources (Most organizations have website that are frequently revised and thus often have far more up to date material than any book can provide).
Here are some links:
See also under main-menu: Links Alphabetically
US Congress Library's links to "International Organizations".
University of Colorado, Boulder, has a special search-feature for & a list over International Organizations.
Some basic books on international organizations:
- Bowett's Law of International Institutions (5 ed.)(London: Sweet & Maxwell, 2001)
- C.F. Amerasinghe, Principles of the Instituional Law of Intrenational Organization (2 ed.)(Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005)
- Jan Klabbers, International Institutional Law (2 ed.)(Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2009)
- Jose E. Alvarez, International Organizations as Law-makers (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005)
- Simon Chesterman, Thomas M. Frank & David M. Malone, Law and Practice of the United Nations. Documents and commentary (Oxford: Oxford Uiversity Press, 2008)
Articles & books on more specific topics:
Webmasters: J. Paul Lomio & Henrik Spang-Hanssen & George D. Wilson